As a successful business owner, I’m known for creating innovative programs and solving problems. As a City Councilor, I modeled this behavior which served me well.
I PROMISE TO:
- Use evidence-based decision making processes that research, evaluate and discuss all sides of the issue while tempering emotion with facts.
- Consider all ideas based on their merit regardless of who brought the idea, who receives the credit or who will benefit.
- Never publicly disparage our community and negotiate in a professional manner, not in the media.
- Extend gratitude to all the talented and thoughtful people who work tirelessly to make Carmel a very special place to live.
I believe I have adhered to these principles faithfully.
S.E. District Results
- Removed Stop Sign at 126th and Auman within 27 days of taking office. (as promised)
- Pushed for reconstruction of 96th and Keystone interchange as well as 96th St. intersections.
- Held regular SE District Town Hall meetings.
- Published a monthly newsletter to increase transparency and provide District news not available from other sources.
- Established the Street Light Task Force Committee.
- Authored Feral Cat ordinance based on a complaint from residents.
- Authored the Public Art Commission to provide citizen input to Mayor for placement of art in public spaces.
- Co-lead project to upgrade City Hall Video system to provide all meetings to the public in real time and in high quality.
- Ordered speed humps on 98th Street in response to neighborhood concerns.
- Initiated installation of noise mitigation equipment for air conditioning chiller at Woodbrook Elementary School.
- Implemented road closure for Plum Creek Village during RAB construction to decrease dangerous cut through traffic.
- Initiated on behalf of the residents, the transfer of Townhomes at Hazel Dell streets to the City.
- Requested replacement of missing flags at the 126th St. Water Plant.
- Secured $650 from a farmer for neighbors of Sycamore Springs for rank vegetation issue.
- Secured street light for the school bus stop in Inglenook neighborhood.
- Worked with IPL to move their power lines onto Duke Energy Poles to reduce the number of poles adversely affecting residents on Gray Road.
- Requested and obtained landscaping of median on 116th and River Road, when there was none.
- Worked with Park Director to keep running track at Monon Center free to Carmel residents.
- Established No parking on Randall Road, Pebblepointe Pass.
For The Community At Large
- Worked to provide a vibrant community by creating economic development opportunities, a thriving arts community, growth in parks and recreation and supporting local business.
- Volunteered my time to activities designed to create a vibrant active community such as Carmelfest, International Arts Festival, Porchfest, Christkindlmarkt, and the Carmel Public Library Foundation.