I made a commitment to voters when I started my campaign to KEEP IT POSITIVE. I promised to always do what was in the best interest of our City and it’s citizens. I want you ALL to know I appreciated your emails urging me to respond in kind when attacked on social media or political ads with lies. But, that would not be in the best interest of my community or represent the type of person I want to be during and after this election.
* * Let’s Celebrate a financial model that is working * *
1. Carmel district tax rate is the 5th lowest in the State of Indiana.
2. Utility rates including trash service, are the lowest in Hamilton County.
3. Property tax comparison for same value homes in Hamilton County:
Carmel $2186.73 – Fishers $2213.05 – Noblesville $2474.19.
4. Total debt of $874,104,529 million accounts for just 4% of residential property taxes.
5. Carmel has the lowest per capita automobile personal injury accident rate in the entire state.
6. Over the past ten years the city tax rate has only increased by 18% (0.6664 to 0.7886)
7. Carmel Fire Department sends 21 Firefighters to every residential or business fire alarm. They also have a fully funded Pension.
8. Carmel recognized as the 6th safest city in Indiana.
9. Carmel has a Rainy Day Fund of $8,425,031.00 and 2018 year end Cash Balance of $56 million.
10. TIF revenue has exceeded projections every ½ year except once in 22 Years.
11. 125 Corporate Headquarters are located in Carmel.
12. Fiscal plan shows positive fund balances 10 years into the future based on current and proposed spending.
13. Over 500 acres of parks including the Monon Trail.
14. We have received multiple accolades and national rankings including;
THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN AMERICA